Tuesday, August 2, 2011

10 on Tuesday

I am trying to get back into the routine of things, especially with school starting in about two weeks (although I feel like I have been back full time since I started teaching EdVenture on July 11th). So, here is the 10 on Tuesday for today!! Enjoy!!

10. My 3 page school "To-Do" list has slowly been shrinking and on Friday, it finally could fit all on ONE...yes folks, 1 page!! I can't tell you how excited I am that it has finally happened and I am feeling pretty good about it!

9. With that being said, I am having so much fun decorating and putting things together for my room! Last year, I co-taught (which was a good experience) but was ready to have my own room again. Although, i do feel like I am a new teacher in Kindergarten!!

8. On July 21nd, my brother and his wife welcomed Jack Wayne!! He is absolutely ADORABLE and we are so happy he is here (finally)!!
7. Kendyn LOVES his exersaucer!! I was a little lenient to put him in it at first, but once he got the hang of it (and with his BIG sister's help), all he wanted to do was play with the gidgets and gadgets on there!
6. I don't know about anybody else, but this HEAT has got to go!! I like hot, but when you add the humidity it takes your breath away when you open a door to go anywhere! My first round of beans didn't do so well, I think we might have had fresh green beans three times and then they were done (it could have been a combo of not watering the three days I was out for the surgery and the heat). So, I planted another round this past weekend and am hoping they do well because there is nothing like fresh green beans from the garden!

5. Speaking of garden, my friend and I had grand plans for planting a garden and I feel like I have not helped much...between her being pregnant, me having a newborn, and this heat, we will be lucky to get everything we planted. However, I was able to make some fresh bruschetta with tomatoes and basil from the garden and it was YUMMY!! I also picked something last week when I worked in it and have NO IDEA what it is!! I am tempted to take it in to Earl May and have them help me figure out what it is...my guess is that it is some sort of squash!

4. This is priceless...don't you think? Kayin loves to read to her brother and he is entranced with all the books she reads him...even the princess ones!
3. I am recovering well from the surgery, but have realized that my body has gone through two major surgeries in 6 months time. I am trying to take it slow and not overdo it because Lord knows I don't want to have something like this recent ER trip happen any time soon!

2. I get to meet the rest of my NEW BIG Kindergarteners this week at family meetings! I have been teaching EdVenture and 6 out of my 19 kiddos have been attending so I am looking forward to getting to meet the rest of them!

1. I hope everyone is sitting down...our little BIG girl will be starting Preschool in two weeks! Kayin will be a peer model in the hearing impaired program at Prescott!!! The program seeks out one or two individuals with a high vocabulary and language development beyond most of their peers. She was recommended by the teacher last year after she had met her on different ocassions. She had asked me if I had thought about it, and really, we hadn't. Kayin's daycare provider, "M" does such a great job with the kids that she already knows all of her letters, a majority of their sounds, can count 100+, write her name, knows some two letter sight words, and is inquisitive beyond what we would have ever imagined! But, the teacher background in me knows how important it is to have some school experience prior to entering Kindergarten. Although we are excited, it means that our little girl, isn't "little" anymore!!

No comments: