Friday, October 3, 2008

Let the Adventures Begin!



So the adventure begins. Justin and I are clearly amazed at how fast our little girl is growing up! I must say, I am starting to have that "baby itch" again. Kayin is doing so many new things it seems impossible that only a year ago she was just starting to figure out the crawling thing. As you can tell, she loves to climb and we think her Christmas present may just have to be getting her into her big girl bed. She hasn't quite figured out how to climb out of her crib, but she is pretty darn close. She reminds me so much of my brother...I don't know exactly when he climbed out, but I know it was pretty early. She is talking up a storm now and will sometimes even have a conversation with you. The other night at dinner, she told Harper, "Go away, please." During bath time, she points to the bubbles and says, "Bubbles." When she wants out of her swing, she will say, "Out, please." During bath time, she has these foam letters and we have been working on colors....she will pick them up by color if you ask and is starting to say the words red and blue. Last weekend Aunt Mimi got the surprise of her life when she walked up to Kayin and she sported this huge smile and shouted, "Mimi." Not to mention the Husker cheerleader dolly and don't worry, we almost have her saying, "Go Huskers" and "Go Big Red".

And who could forget the WATER?? This child is destined to be the next Olympian in swimming! Everywhere there is water, Kayin will be close by. I think we are going to try and sign her up for swimming lessons during the winter time. This picture of her in Harper's water bowl was a classic...and it was legit. I didn't recreate this one at all. She looked at me right as I took the picture, no prompting at all!



1 comment:

Sharon Brinkmeyer said...

Yup, same thingwhen I took her to TJ Maxx--she is baby-crazy!! And I love the way she says it--so cute!!