Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Okay, okay, okay. I know I haven't blogged in awhile and there have been several of you pestering me to do so....
We finished up the decorating last weekend and I have a feeling that after the holidays I won't want to take down the trees. There is just something about white lights and trees.
This is the tree in our living room. It was "snowman" theme, however with the bigger space, we needed to add a tree downstairs so this is now our "silver" tree.Thanks to my dad's parents upgrading to their "penthouse" AKA top level apartment at Good Samaritan Village in Hastings, we inherited a beautiful piano as well as a sheet music cabinet (which I believe was my great-great grandmother's). It adorns our Nativity scene and every time Kayin walks by, she has to play a key or 10!
This is the new snowman tree downstairs. I was really wishing and hoping for a real Christmas tree this year, but Justin reminded me of how messy they can be. However, I know that next year one tradition that I would like to start with Kayin is going to a tree farm and cutting down our very own Christmas tree!Betcha' can't guess who this tree is for??!! If you look really close, you might even be able to find what Kayin calls, "Daddy's juice!"




No comments: