I know--it just doesn't have the ring of "10 on Tuesday" but this week has thrown some major curveballs for our family and I am just now getting to the blog. I am still wondering how people can do it everyday! Proud of you kids!!
1. Have any of your children ever just broken out in song singing at the top of their lungs? Today when Kayin woke up (5:45 I might add) she was belting out "Jingle Bells" like we had never hear before! She definitely loves to sing and hearing her that early this morning was a start to a great day!
2. On Tuesday, my mom's mother had to have half of her foot amputated. She is diabetic and has a long road ahead of her. The prognosis doesn't look good but with family, friends and the power of prayer we are hoping she can heal from the surgery, manage the physical therapy, and get some high caloric/high protein food in her. The next three weeks will be critical as it will show if she can heal from surgery. Christmas has always been her holiday so the time we have will be extra special here at our house with the family prior to going to see her!
3. Justin's grandfather passed away early this morning. He hasn't been well for quite some time and he has joined his queen up above. He was a man full of laughter, a great sense of humor, and most of all a big heart! He will be missed by a lot of people! The memory I have of him is from our wedding and seeing him "gettin' jiggy with it" out on the dance floor was pretty comical. Not to mention the 3 grandfathers complaining of the "damn heat out here" with their tuxes!!
4. Always count your blessings....EVERY DAY!!
5. I have been saying this quote since seeing it on my grandparents Christmas letter: We are too blessed to be depressed.
6. During this time of year, I love the late night 5 minute conversations my husband and I have when he gets home from work. He knows exactly where to find me--on the chaise lounge in the living room. I stay up waiting for him just to look forward to these talks. Needless to say, we need each other like we never have before this week!
7. Christmas break has started and although I will have two weeks off, it's going to be a pretty full schedule! Christmas with my parents/brother & sis in law, Christmas with dad's parents, hosting Christmas at our house with the Bumgarner side (mom's family), visiting Grandma after the big holiday meal and letting the great grandkids open their gifts with her, hosting an UGLY sweater/Husker party, day away in Omaha with a girlfriend, the in-laws coming for a visit, my Auntie Char's birthday party (21 all over again...how can that be??!!), attempting to finish Christmas cards--although the more and more I think about it, they are looking like they might get out as a New Year's card, and maybe....just maybe....looking at some school stuff.
8. I was hoping we would make it through the new year without anything "hitting" the house. However, picked Kayin up from daycare yesterday and she was running a low-grade fever. Today, coughing, congestion, fever....so, here I go again with Cloroxing everything and hoping nobody else gets it. Luckily, we have a week until the house is full with family!!!
9. Why is it that when it is hot outside, our dog wants to come in, but on cold wintery days, he wants to dally-doodle outside! I swear Harper must be part wolf or something....he ABSOLUTELY LOVES THE SNOW!!
10. Please, please, please keep our family in your prayers. It has been a long week and next week is right around the corner!