Thursday, August 13, 2009

I must start this blog with an apology--this is a story, not so much with pictures! Many of you know I started back to work yesterday and Kayin started a new daycare. We were lucky enough to have her recommended by our previous provider as well as friend of mine from a class (who just so happened to be at our previous provider's house too!). The first time we met her during the summer, Kayin opened up to her real quick and she was AMAZING!!!

As we dropped Kayin off yesterday, it reassured to us that she was going to be enriched and learn so many new things! We entered one room with Kayin to see tons of educational toys as well as walls filled with shapes, colors, and words. In the other room, "M" had cubbies for all the kids (which they ended up designing thier own name plate to identify their basket), a plethora of books, quiet learning toys, letters on the wall, and....get this....A CALENDAR!!! Which leads me to the ending thought of the night~

(Overheard as I was washing my face)

Kayin: "Mommy, can I call Uncle Joshy and Aunt Maggie?"

Mommy: "Sure, just use your pretend phone!"

Kayin: (dragging the phone that rings and rolls it's eyes...we all know them...they have been around FOREVER) "Hi, is Uncle Joshy there? Oh, he is? Well, can I talk to him?"

(continuing to wait and sing "Down by the Station") "Uncle Joshy and Aunt Maggie, did you know that today is Thursday, August firteenth? Yeah, it really is...and know what, tomorrow will be Fwiday!"

My heart just about jumped up through my chest, out of my mouth and onto the counter!!!!

No comments: